Ã¯Â»ØSelling Art: 5 Tips for Selling Your Art Online
Online Gallery Question Checklist
How to choose an online gallery? When looking for an online art gallery it is a good idea to have some kind of question checklist. Here are some questions you might consider. How much will the gallery cost to run? Is there a commission I have to pay on my art sold? Will I get enough traffic and how much art can I display? Will I be given my own personal art website and biography page? Is it difficult to set up? Can I check my client traffic statistics. Is there a free trial period so I can see if I like the system? This should help you concerning how to choose an online gallery.
Five Tips for Selling Your Art Online
1. Presentation – Present your art in the most professional way possible. Ideally, showcase your art in an online gallery.
2. Traffic – Even if you have the most beautiful art in the world in your gallery, you will have little success selling your work unless people know where you are. Market your art through free ads, paid ads if you like, pay-per-click ads, blogs, forums and articles. Write “how to” articles about art, which is a great way to generate traffic to your site. Also, have business cards made up and distribute them in as many ways possible.
3. Critiques – Ouch! – If you’re way too sensitive and thinned skinned, get over it. Criticism is one of your best money-making friends. Why? Because you want to find out what people like and don’t like about your art so you can fix it and make your art more salable. Go out of your way to get criticism of your art by asking friends, strangers (safe strangers!), forum groups, art teachers, art professors and even art appraisers if you want to spend the money.
Leonardo da Vinci asked for criticism from a man off the street. He asked the man what he thought of his “Last Supper” painting, which was not yet finished. The man said he really liked the chalice cup. I believe Leonardo readily removed the chalice from the painting because it was not supposed to be the focus of the work. Leonardo was wise enough to appreciate and receive objective criticism which helped finish his masterpiece.
4. Constant Improvement – Creating your art should be a constant learning process, ever improving because the more knowledge you have of the laws and rules of art the better your painting skills, hence greater financial return on your art. To what is needed to improve your artistic eye and skills. Look at great art and try to see why their colors, their lights and darks, shapes and compositions work so well. Take an art class. Read art “how to” books. Grow in your knowledge of what makes great art.
5. Pricing – Too High, Too Low – Check out your competition, art similar to your own work. What are their prices? Get opinions from people about your art pricing. Remember, be thick-skinned for they are only helping you decide on the correct pricing for your art. Test your pricing. If it sells too quickly (how wonderful!), perhaps you could raise the price. If it is not selling, then your pricing is probably too high. Test, test, test. Oh, you might consider having prints made of your originals because it would give you a whole new extra pricing market. Some people would rather pay for a print than to pay more for an original.
So, hopefully the art gallery question checklist and the 5 tips for selling your art online will help you get your art selling. Enjoy your divine gift, the unique ability to express yourself through art.
Want to know God’s secret for greatly speeding up and increasing your artistic success?
Click on “Sowing and Reaping for Success” below.
Although this site speaks about finances, the sowing and reaping principle will work for artistic success, healing, financial breakthoughs or any other thing you desire that is in line with God’s will. Click on “Sowing and Reaping for Success” below.
Click Google+ below to see my profile.
Keywords: spray painting cabinets kansas city,spray painting kitchen cabinets milwaukee wi,spray paint grass games,spray painting metal table legs,diy painting glass with spray paint,spray painting kitchen cabinets before and after,spray painting cars games,spray paint lawn twister,spray painting wooden blinds,spray painting shoes silver,spray painting cabinets black,best spray paint for painting furniture,ideas for spray painting wooden daybed black,spray painting plastic crates,do i need to sand before spray painting wood,spray painting a carpet,spray p! ainting a car 94,spray painting old wicker furniture,spray painting shoes,spray painting white wicker furniture,spray painting glass vases silver,graffiti spray painting tips,spray paint cabinets yourself,spray painting wood cabinets,spray painting bathroom tile,spray painting wood pallets,auto spray painting techniques,spray painting cabinets espresso,how to spray painting cars,spray painting shoes tutorial,tips on spray painting a car,spray painting cars