Sunday, March 28, 2010

Korbin Wants To Go To School!?!

I'm really not sure what's happening in Korbin's precious little head, but he's slept without a pull up for the last 3 nights and stayed dry. Being that he didn't potty train until he was 6, I really wasn't pushing the night time thing. I think his motivator was keeping me from washing his favorite shorts, but I'll take it. :)

Today is the last week of spring break. I've been trying to get the paperwork through to get Korbin in the residential program he's been needing for over a year, but it's at a stall. While we were at the hospital visiting Aidan this afternoon I reminded Korbin that he could just solve this whole problem by getting his uniform on tomorrow morning and going to school. He totally agreed! Holy poop on a stick! How did I just make that click in his head? Really? Oh yeah, keep the emotion out of it or he'll change his mind. Suck it up Anna, we've got work to do.

Korbin has stuck with his decision to go back to school instead of to residential. I'm hopeful, but I can't hold my breath. He's had moments like this before, but I can't remember the last time he was so rational. Tomorrow morning he wants me to wake him at 6:30am (yes, he's in control). I have his lunch packed to his specs and we will go to school early enough that he can eat his breakfast with his friends. He wants me to stay with him, but I'll leave as soon as he's adjusted a little. I just fear the principal telling us to leave until his IEP is changed. HaHaHa! I can't imagine what the ladies at the district office would say to him if he even tried to deny Korbin access to the classroom. It's been over a year, but we might be on our way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment